PractiScan Intelligent Scanning Solution
- In today’s digital world, customer expectations and the rules of customer engagement are changing. To successfully acquire and retain customers, organisations must recognize these new dynamics, adapt and evolve to become more flexible and responsive.
- Today’s customers are empowered, aware, environment conscious, and they expect instant solutions across all their touch points with organisations, including points of sales and points of customer service.
- For such touch points, the brick-and-mortar model of having a full hardware setup (computers, printers, scanners, etc.), and servicing clients through a paper based process is becoming increasingly slow, difficult, and costly to maintain, not to mention the delays caused by further processing, the frequent human errors, and the need to train users and update systems constantly.
- Based on real cases and requirements, NVSSoft strove to find a solution that integrates hardware and software on the one hand, and on the other hand processes with digital repositories whether they are locally hosted or cloud based. NVSSoft capitalized on its strategic partnership with key hardware manufacturers such as Fujitsu and Kodak. The result was PractiScan, a first of its kind fully integrated intelligent scanning solution that is ideal for customer touch points, as well as internal processes in large organisations.
- PractiScan was implemented in a number of organizations and is considered ideal for industries such as healthcare, telecommunications, banking, finance, and the public sector.
Sample Scenario – Healthcare Industry
- In hospitals and medical institutions, outpatient clinics generate a huge load of documents on a daily basis, particularly at the reception desks. To avoid backlogs, hospitals usually scan documents on the spot but in numerous cases they run into issues with incorrect scanning formats, and improper filing, not to mention technical issues with the PCs to which the scanners are connected.
- PractiScan comes in the form of an embedded interface inside network scanners equipped with a touch screen, and enables easy control of scanning formats, and reading barcodes to file documents into the proper locations.
- Nurses scan the barcoded documents generated during a patient’s visit. PractiScan recognizes the barcode and retrieves patient information from the server (Patient Name, MRN, Date of Birth, and File Category), and displays the results on the scanner screen for the nurse to validate before saving the file. PractiScan then automatically transfers the document with its data to the proper patient file.
- The process is completely automated and rids completely of PC workstations with complicated thick clients installed on them.
- PractiScan’s interface design is simple and user friendly. Main settings are predefined, and can be replaced for all scanners on the site to ensure uniform results and no alteration of settings.
Sample Scenario – Telecommunications Industry
- Back-offices of telecommunications companies are flooded on a daily basis with loads of papers to encode and process. Service contracts and forms with attached copies of IDs and passports must be scanned and linked every time a new service request or service change request is placed.
- Very often, telecommunications companies outsource the process, which ends up being very costly, in addition to causing delays between the time the document is produced and the time it becomes available in the system for retrieval, not to mention frequent losses of documents during transfers.
- PractiScan solves the issue by running as a distributed solution across shops and authorized points of sale to enable on-the-spot scanning whenever a service request is placed, directly connected to central servers or cloud based systems.
- In cases where there is no VPN connectivity available with central servers, PractiScan can connect using 3G or 4G USB modems to transfer all scanned data either through secure online connections or through email.
- PractiScan can also connect to electronic signature devices and ID chip-card reading devices and embed all data into scanned documents.
- This way PractiScan ensures light setups at all points of sale and service, and also ensures immediate processing and filing, faster service and better customer satisfaction.
- PraciScan is a fully customizable framework solution that can be tailored to the client’s exact needs, starting with enabling core functionalities such as electronic signatures and connecting to ID chip-card readers and barcode readers, and all the way through every on-screen functionality, and the entire look and feel of the solution.